Under the general direction of the Retail Yard Manager, the Retail Yardman provides customer service and support for distribution to and from the yard. The Retail Yardman follows the process guidelines for their daily functions to complete their job.
Clearly understands and promotes Haynes vision and core values to all staff.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities
· Understand and follow processes to perform job duties
· Raise operational excellence of yard operations
· Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
· Accountability for efficiencies in the yard
· Loading/Unloading of trucks as they enter yard
· Verification of proper documents from customers and vendor trucks prior to loading or unloading
· Provide information regarding inventory reporting (negatives, cycle counts)
· Follow strategic customer care
· Respond with Urgencyto customer complaints and comments
· Maintain a constant vigilance to keep the yard clean and organized
· Attending all activities, events and meetings when required
· Perform additional duties as required
· Problem-solving skills; high standard of attention to detail
· Ability to execute mandates
· Solid commitment to customer and/or employee service
· Ability to manage time and prioritize work
· Strong team player
· Strong ability to communicate vertically
· Fork lift license
· Ability to communicate with all customers/clients/vendors
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs or
· Ability to utilize equipment to lift product such as forklift, wagons, etc.
· Ability to stand, walk, twist, lift, for hours at a time in a masonry yard
· Ability to work in heat and/or cold conditions