Outside Sales Associate
This role works under the direct supervision of the Sales Manager and is responsible for generating revenue through direct interaction with customers.
Clearly understands and promotes Haynes vision and core values to all staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial and residential customers, at a decision making level
- Identify qualified leads and business opportunities through existing relationships or other business channels
- Convert opportunities or leads in revenue generating sales
- Follow the defined sales process with each opportunity to ensure that all necessary information is obtained in order to provide the highest level of service and minimize Haynes’ AR risk.
- Maximize revenues and profits through negotiations with customers, within parameters set by management.
- Work directly with Accounts Receivable to expedite payments and keep customer’s within agreed upon credit terms.
- Forecast sales weekly to ensure production is prepared to satisfy upcoming customers
- “Own” specific customers, acting as liaison between customers and other Haynes departments, such as production, quality, or AR.
- Forecast future sales for business planning purposes
- Identify areas of revenue growth. This may include, but not limited to, geographic areas, product lines, specific customers, or customer types
- Report daily, weekly or as defined, interactions with customers that may be important to sales administrative staff or directly into a CRM.
- Develop weekly time management plans the ensure efficient targeting of customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency mindset
- Ability to develop teamwork
- Strong results orientation
- General knowledge of the industry
- Drive to satisfy customers and increase sales